Sunday, October 21, 2007

Toffee

One year ago today we adopted Toffee. I remember us making the decision and driving down to the Benzie County Animal Shelter (very fast from what I remember) to get a kitten that turned out not to be there.
But the first cat we looked at, the first one that I held, turned out to be Toffee.
When I had put her back into the cage she kind of stood up, put both her paws on the bars and pressed her face against the bars of her cage. I was sold, we paid the unheard of fee of 25 dollars and brought her home. Worth every penny.
As it has gotten colder she has returned to sleeping in the bed with us. Now this is always one of the high points of my day as when I flop into bed I can here the jingle of her collar and feel her hop up onto the bed. She will walk up towards my mid-chest, flop down and curl up. While it is not the slept in our bed when she was younger (she would sleep on my neck, shoulder, face, etc. while purtting so loud it was great) it is still a great feeling.
Here she is one year ago.

Here she is today.

And a video of her from the day we got our first Ultrasound.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a good Toffee! You made an excellent choice there.

Jill said...

She has clearly been taking grooming tips from the always dapper Pierre! MEOW!

Anonymous said...

She's lovely. I'm jealous - I have such a thing for calicos and tortiseshells.