Saturday, October 13, 2007

October Morning

What a busy week. Lots of school, radio stuff and elementary school observation. The week just blinked by.
This morning we woke up and Debbie took Beth to the airport. When she got back we all just hung out a little bit before deciding on some morning activities. The weather outside was cool and clear with a nice, low temperature, in the low 40s. We bundled up Jack, got him in some nice colorful gear and this floppy little hat. Very cute. As you can see.


Our first stop of the morning was the Home Grown Organic Eatery, which was fantastic as always. I think I could eat there seven days a week.
Now as we were driving up Grandview Jack pointed out a Barack Obama supporter on the side of the road with a sign. When I looked it was actually a Ron Paul supporter with a sign. As I turned back to Jack he was demonstrating to me how he hooked me with a joke. Crafty little guy.


My dad had this hairstyle in 1955...

After eating my delicious breakfast I moved the car slightly and we walked to the Farmer's Market by the river. I didn't get too many pics while there as it was very, very busy. It was a fine morning stop, Debbie got some stuff and it was back to the car and on to our next stop up on the Penninsula.



From downtown we headed up Center Road to the Unitarian Universal Church across from my old subdivision. I had heard on NPR that they were having a used book sale yesterday and today. Debbie was very excited for it so we pressed onward and upwards, getting to there in great time. They had some pretty good books as well, a higher quality of books than I was used to. I mean I they had, and I bought, two Norton Critical Editions! Great stuff. I didn't take any pics on the inside but I did take a picture of this sumac. It made me think of being a little kid, I remember it behind our house on the Peninsula. This makes sense of course as where I grew up was just really across the street from where we were.

And finally, as we headed home, Jack fell asleep. You may have noticed this flashy red jacket that he is wearing in today's photos. This was my jacket, Moms made it for me a LONG time ago. She found it when I was in Lansing last weekend and she gave it to me for Jack to wear. I was worried that it wasn't going to fit him but it did and I think that it looked good. I think before too long he will be too big for it, but for today it was just perfect. Some things change, some stay the same.

UPDATE: Here is me in that coat, from an earier time and an earlier blog post...for the record I am 16 months old in this photo. Jack is five months old at this moment.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He looks so good in your old jacket. That is great that your mom saved it. What a good heirloom.

Beth said...

This little red jacket is even cuter in person (same as Jack). Grandma Tish put a lot of love into it.