Monday, October 15, 2007

Foiled

So today, in between bouts of sleeplessness, I bundled Jack up and thought about where in the crummy weather we could go. Thinking back to a class I took over the summer the historical museum on sixth street.
We got over there with no worries, parked right in front of the old library. Got Jack out of the car, got him in his stand up stroller and walked up to the door. Closed Mondays. Open Tuesday to Friday noon til five. SO maybe tomorrow we will give it a try.




I thought, well we're here let's walk around a little bit. And so we headed up Sixth street, walking past the former timber baron of Traverse City's MANSION(!~) that is now a funeral home.


Remembering something that I had been asked to get we walked up to Union, and took a left, crossing the bridge while stopping for a few pics.


And here it is folks, the Automatic Postage Center at the post office on Union street. I didn't feel like standing in line so I parked Jack in front of the machine and got two books of stamps.

At first, Jack was wary of the machine...

...and at the end of the transaction he was really wary of the machine.

You are correct. THat is, in fact, R2-D2. I am a geek, what can I say. I've been wanting to get a picture of this thing for months.


Here we see the cobbled, ancient streets of sixth street, from near and far.


And finally, a smile for the drive home.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I do believe this is the first time I have seen Jack's "wary" expression. He is totally cute!