Friday, May 25, 2007

Out & About

Yesterday afternoon Debbie and I read something in the paper about an estate sale for the Dougherty House on the Penninsula. The Record Eagle made it sound like it could be something special as this house is one of the older ones in the area, dating back to 1842. By the time we got there it was a bust but we did bundle up Jack and head up the Penninsula to find it.




Now on our way up the penninsula I mis-read a sign and we ended up on a detour that was incredibly scenic and very groovy, I had never taken that road before. We ended up at the 'town' of Old Mission where I took a left and ended up back on Center Road. Had we continued on a few more miles on our original intended pathway we would have made it there sooner. But the road was so beautiful, the bay was so blue and so the road so intimate that it was actually more fun than the sale. This was an attempt to capture some of the view while driving. Not much luck! But you can see the beauty of the day.

Debbie took these pics of me outside of the Penninsula Township Hall. I think I may have missed a building in the sale, maybe tomorrow I'll head back up there and look. Jack was crying so I popped him out of the carseat and into the clear air. The last one was taken when Debbie was just settled into the car.


No comments: