Monday, January 28, 2008

Inspiration

In some ways this has nothing to do with JAck, but in some ways it does. Some of you may know where I chose the first name for Jack. Some of you don't.
I am a fan of Jackson Pollock. And today is Jackson Pollock's birthday. He was born today in 1912.


This second video is where I really took my Pollock obsession to a higher level. When I went to New York in 1999 for a friend's wedding Dad and I went to the Met, and in the gift shop was the gallery book of Pollock's works, the book that accompanied the exhibit at the Moma which had just closed. Never did make it to the MOma, but when I got home I began to order the other books that the Moma had put out in conjunction with the exhibit, as well at the biography of Pollock, from the then Schuler Books.

When Jack is older I feel like I have to take him to the MOMA. I'd love to go out to see the Pollock house too, but that is on the tip of Long Island. One day maybe.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Today is also the birthday of the incomparable Rhoda Wolff!
I dig the pics of Jack and Grandpa.