Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And in the end....

Last week I brought Jack into the station for our traditional Wednesday Afternoon Jazz show. It had been six weeks since we were last on air together, the week before Thanksgiving. Which happens to be when I took a complaint phone call about Jack. Not the show, not the music that I played, just the fact that I had Jack.
I was worried about bringing him in, not for any real reason other than it had been a long time. And the last time he was in studio he really rejected spending any waking time in the stroller.
Last week I brought in our Pack 'n Play to east things but when he needed to be held I held him and that does take its toll.
Before the show started I spoke with Eric, the GM, about moving my show. We have Jack in daycare Monday and Fridays. My new show is Monday, from 11am-2pm.
I had the first show without Jack and it felt very strange, like the room was empty. Nobody to play to or off of, just a bit of an empty feeling really.
I recorded the last break we had together with me talking, on the Flip Video, and have uploaded it to YouTube. It is long, like five minutes, but it shows how our shows have been worked out since he was wanted to be held while I spoke.
The video is a little grainy but you can see how we did things. You can also see that I have a face for radio, but that is another thing completely.
To his credit Jack doesn't swat at the mic, like he did the past few shows, but the clip is still fun to see.

And some photos from the months and months...













2 comments:

Beth said...

Jack and Mike on WNMC has come to an end? How sad. I can't believe that someone complained about Jack.

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet clip. Jack has been an FM radio angel and whoever complained must be a nasty old pest of a person.

Maybe Jack will forgive the pest and decide to visit now and again.