Wednesday, June 6, 2007

On Campus

Debbie got a chance to go out on her own this evening, heading to her first ACLU meeting in a while. At least I think it was..
I didn't go, I stayed home with the boy, but when she got home we set out on a nice walk in the neighborhood.
Upon bundling up Jack for the cool weather(don't cry for us, it is supposed to be 91 on Thursday) I grabbed the ol'Fuji and out we went.
Usually we roll down towards the East Bay. Tonight I steered us onto the campus of NMC, which I didn't think Debbie had ever really walked around. Well walk it we did and she was really taken aback by the beauty on this little campus.
I took the family down the back side of the campus and I took us to the fine arts building.
Now I tried to find any history on this building, which can be seen in the later pics, and I was made to understand that it is in the Bauhaus style (black shirt with a skinny neck? no silly) and was completed in 1972. All I know about the building is that it is made of wood and smells absolutely fantastic and special inside. The decor makes one think about a sauna and it just warms my heart every time I go in there. I hadn't gone into the building since last fall (I took an Art Class on Sunday there - the proximity of the building and the building itself made the Sunday class easy to stomach). The front door was open so we got a chance to go in there, I know Debbie had never been in the building so it was nice to do.













It was a nice long walk, very pleasant and being able to get in the Fine Arts Building really brought a smile to my face. Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

The third one of you outside with the stroller is really good of both of you.
I saw the National last night and they were godlike. I'm still on an adrenaline rush even though I'm exhausted and my eyes feel like sandpaper.