Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dry Run

Around 7pm this evening I was in the bathroom, about to wash my hands when there came a knock at the door.
"Are you done in there?" Just about, why?
"I think my water just broke!"
I fly out of the bathroom and flop into the hallway. Debbie rushed in, pulled up the boxers she was wearing and showed me what appeared to be her mucous plug on her thigh. I zipped down the hallway and grabbed the camera and took a picture of it, I may yet post this image...
She called the doctor on call and they told us to come on in to the hospital. We took care of some stuff, I went and got some iced tea, and then off we went to Munson, stopping to returnd the movie and video game that we had rented.
We got to the hopsital about an hour after the plug made its appearence.
This is the new emergency entrance to Munson Medical Center. It recently opened up and if we have to come to the hospital after 9pm that is how we will find our way into the bowels of the hospital where my mother and sister were born.



This is the baby monitor, the technology that they strap onto the pregnant lady to get the heartbeat and such for the baby. If you see in an earlier post Debbie standing up with these things strapped to her tummy they lead back to the baby monitor. I should note for the record that I think my Dad uses that same gel in his line of medicine. So when I saw it the bottle made me think of trips to Alma working in his clinic and the general wackiness that would usually engulf us.
The second pictures is the baby's heartbeat at the moment of the picture. The number to the left is his heartbeat, the number to the right is Debbie's bloodpressue.


Here is the wife, in full hospital gown, awaiting the on call OB's visit so she can determine wether or not her water broke earlier in the evening. It hadn't and we were sent home. Sent home seems cold when written but there was no need for us to stay at the hospital and we were allowed to leave. Hmm. Still sounds rather regimented.


This is taped to the wall in the triage room, a handy know your symptoms guide for early labor. Fascinating.

No comments: