Saturday, August 18, 2007

Origami 5K






























This morning we are in Lansing, to walk in a 5K for the Origami Head Trauma Rehabilitation Clinic 5K in Mason. Origami is the place where we took my brother in 2002 to get back on the track to being the productive guy he is now. His testimonial(now slightly out of date) is on their website and it is a place that I always wanted to do something to help out with. By that I mean I think that they do great work and I always thought that due to its importance in our lives. Josh was there staying for three weeks and then he continued to do out-patient stuff.
It was the last place that I thought about having a cigarette, when he was being checked in I wandered out onto a bench and put one in my mouth. But it started to rain and I went back inside.
The place did great work but it always was a tough place for me to visit, and I haven't been back there since 2002.

2 comments:

Josh said...

imagine how things were five years ago, compared to today...crazy stuff, eh?

.............. said...

I love Mom's hat.