Thursday, July 19, 2007

On Campus

Ahh...my iPhoto library grows and grows.
Tonight was the usual routine, the walk before the bath and the laying in the crib. Y'see we have found that a walk and a bath lead to Jack going to bed, I believe the first night we did this routine Jack slept through it all. Now we head out at 8pm most nights, getting back around 8.30 or earlier. We give him a bath and then Debbie feeds him and lays him down, awake, to fall asleep. With this routine he sleeps until about 7.15am. So that is a nice long evening of sleep!
Back to the walk here. Tonight instead of walking down to the bay and back I detoured us onto the campus. Here is what we saw....

shadows..

fungus...



flowers...

a statue dedicated to volunteers...





Outside of the Health & Science Building these two teenaged kids, a male and female, stopped us and asked us if we could take a survey. Debbie said sure. They broke out this stack of numbered photo cards. Debbie asked what the survey was on and they kind of hemmed a bit and then said that it would be of a spiritual nature. So it ended up taking longer than we expected and Jack started fussing(he later calmed down) and so we pulled up short. The first question was what three photos we liked, the next question was why? My three were of a silverware holder that I own, a mountain scene with a lake and then a pathway with orange leaves on the ground. I chose those, I told them, because I own the silverware thing, i have been to a mountain lake and i have seen leaves on the ground. As we were leaving I told the guy that my answers for all the questions was the silverware picture! All the while Debbie looked at the pics(I whipped through them) I was taking pics of Jack, who was chomping on his finger. I quietly snapped a pic of Debbie from below, looking up through the plastic shield in the stroller. She saw the pic and objected to it, so I changed it a bit.













5 comments:

Beth said...

I can't get over how much Jack's hair has grown in just one week. He is such a cutie pie!

.............. said...

wow, his hair DOES look really different from the last time I saw him. It looks darker, too!

Deborah Rysso said...

If you are referring to the photo where he looks like he has a ton of dark red hair, it's an optical illusion. It looks much more like the photo of him in his Bumbo chair. I would like to make two comments: 1st, doesn't Mike look like the Burger King with the Bumbo on his head, and 2. I still object to the photo of me looking at the photos; the circle above my face should have covered the double chin. Also, the real story is that half way through looking through the photos, the lightbulb clicked above my head and I suddenly realized the intent of the "survey" was to help us find the path to salvation.

.............. said...

Yes, he does look like the Burger King!

So, did you guys find the path to salvation? Are you down with Jesus now?

Rosemary said...

Obviously Jack started fussing because he was objecting to being prosyletized (I don't think I'm spelling that right.)