Friday, March 14, 2008

Michigan State University: the Museum

When we visited East Lansing in November I had great plans to take Jack on campus and show him some of the sights.
Well you can find on this blog the disappointment I felt when I found out that the campus was completely closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday. These plans lingered in my mind and so in the midst of a slight class break I came downstate with Jack for some museum time and some hockey.
Hockey is tonight, the museum was yesterday. Here are a few pics from our visit.


Hey Dad, he's hairy like you.







































This was, by far, the coolest thing I saw in the museum. It is a model of the MSU campus as it was in 1941. Actually, I think that this was created in 1941. Incredibly cool to see how the campus used to be and at the same time incredibly cool to think about where things are now. This picture does not do justice to how cool this thing is.


This stuffed bear is now behind class, it used to be unprotected near the backdoor of the museum. You can see my reflection in the plexiglass. I think that this puts the size of the bear in perspective as I am not as short as some.



Yeah. That's right. BlueBlockers. 'Sup?


On our trip across campus we stopped at the new location of the MSU Computer Store, where I drooled over new Macs while Jack looked around and Dad picked up a MacBook Air to see how light it truly is.

No comments: