Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


The above photo was taken over the past week at the mall. I wasn't there but apparently Jack was not freaked out by the giant white bunny.
Now the photo below this witty text is, I guess, a dual family tradition. Moms always made a bunny cake and I found out later in life that Debbie's mom also made a bunny cake.
For out wedding we had bunny cakes as our wedding cakes and our original idea was to have a baby bunny announcement for Jack's impending arrival(mocha?)
At some point yesterday I had a mischievous thought and decided to, under the cover of darkness, a bunny cake for the house.
With Debbie asleep I used out wacky Dr.Oecker cake mix(no homemade, sorry) and made the cakes, whipped across the street to 7-11 to get some no-name butter for the frosting, and ended up with a pretty consistent bunny cake.
At midnight or maybe later the lights flicker on in the bedroom, Debbie comes out to get some water and sees the bunny cake. So the shock was ruined but what can you do. I covered it up last night and it made it to the morning. Anyways, here it is, a continuation of a dual family tradition: the Bunny Cake.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mike, you did a great job on the bunny cake. I'm so glad that you are continuing the tradition.